Location: Newark, NJ
Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise of the Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment portfolio which also includes the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils, among other sports and entertainment properties.
As part of our ongoing growth we are now looking to hire an experienced Preditor (Producer / Editor) to shoot and edit short-form esports and gaming content from our Newark, NJ headquarters. The right candidate possesses the ability to pitch, organize, shoot, edit and publish social videos at high frequency while meeting deadlines. An understanding of social video platforms (including Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) and basic content strategy on each is required.
The ideal candidate is highly familiar with gaming and esports audiences and trends, is passionate and proactive about creating fun, shareable videos for digital platforms, and has experience using content to grow brand followings on social media.
This position will report to the Director of Media.
• Pitch, organize, shoot, and edit social videos featuring Dignitas players, influencers and brand partners
• Meet deadlines and publish videos to Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and other emerging platforms
• Manage and prioritize video projects autonomously, using time and resources efficiently
• Communicate and collaborate with the content, social media, graphics and partnerships teams
• Develop effective content series that cross game genres and communities
• Identify trends and conversations in the community to help create engaging content
• Implement best practices with regard to thumbnails, headlines, SEO, video length and style
- 2+ years of video content creation experience
- Proficiency and speed using Adobe editing software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability during all stages of the production process
- Ability to work with quick deadlines and outside of normal office hours
- Creative thinker able to conceptualize, organize and execute video ideas
- Knowledgeable about newest social media video trends and content series, especially in regards to esports teams and influencers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Specific knowledge of Dignitas games or players
- Previous experience working directly in the esports industry
APPLY: Email the following information to email@example.com and include "Preditor" in the subject:
2. Portfolio demonstrating filming and editing skills